The neatest thing about the calculator is that it has some built-in functions (anything from finding a number’s square root to finding the LCM of two numbers to finding the solutions to a quadratic equation.)
Here are some commands you can enter into the calculator and what they do:
Command – what it does
- cheese = 42 – creates a variable called cheese with the value 42.
- 5 + cheese – shows 47 (although cheese is still 42.)
- sqrt(cheese+7) – finds the square root of 49, which is 7.
- gcd(32,40) – finds the greatest common denominator of the numbers (in this case, 8.)
- quadratic(1,6,8) – finds the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 6x + 8 = 0 (they’re -2 and -4.)
- google(“uzbekistan”) – it’s not math-related, but it does a Google search on Uzbekistan.
I’m still adding more functions/libraries to the calculator, so if you want to help let me know.